05 Mar Practical Competencies in Medicines Administration (PCMA®) Full Day
Date(s) - 05/03/2018
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Basepoint Business Centre (Shoreham-by-Sea)
Adur Business Centre, Little High Street
This course follows on from the morning workshop (see PCMA half-day workshop for full learning outcomes – click here). Here you will learn how to administer the common dosage forms.
- Explain when gloves are needed to administer medicines
- Demonstrate how to measure out the correct amount of medicine using a measuring cup
- Demonstrate how to measure out the correct amount of medicine using an oral syringe
- Demonstrate how to adminster safely from oral syringes with dignity
- Demonstrate how to administer topical items
- Demonstrate how to administer inhalers
- Demonstrate how to give an eye drop to those who will open their eyes
- Demonstrate how to give an eye drop to those who find it hard to keep their eyes open
Bookings are closed for this event.